Do you have a passion for technology?
Do you love to learn and share what you know?
Then come work for us!
Tech Club is hiring an Education Coordinator. This part-time position (7 hours per week) would be a great way for student or on-call teachers to develop some in-demand technology skills. It would also be ideal for technology and trades students looking to gain experience in training and presentation or for retirees looking to share their tech skills and knowledge with the next generation.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Outgoing and personable - loves to be the host and engages with everyone, especially with the kids.
- Passionate about technology - fascinated by how new technology is changing the world.
- Organized - likes to a have a plan, and probably a backup plan too.
- Curious - always asking how something works.
- Hands-on - learns by doing and enjoys experimenting.
The Education Coordinator will:
- Develop and deliver introductory lessons on our beginner technology platforms (e.g. LittleBits, Snap Circuits, Scratch, 3Doodlers).
- Assist members with fun and interactive technology-based activities and projects.
- Organize guest speakers.
- Set up and take down learning stations before and after meetings.
- Assist in supervision of junior Tech Assistants and volunteers.
- Promote events and generate buzz on our Facebook page and website.
- Manage membership information.
The position offers:
- 7 hours per week – 3-hour shifts (5:30-8:30 pm) on Wednesday nights and 4 hours of unscheduled time for lesson planning and other tasks
- $20 per hour
- School breaks - 2 weeks at Christmas and Spring Break and summers off